Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is good for large groups. It's one of the first things gone. My husband loves these. *Instead of boiling the chicken you can pick up one thats already cooked at most grocery's.
- 2 whole chicken, boiled, de-boned and chopped into bite size
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup celery, finely sliced
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups mayonnaise
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup sugar or 1 (6 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2-1 tablespoon celery salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- Mix all ingredients well and chill for at least 4 hours.
- Serve on croissants for best results.
PAC Fall 2007: Very tasty!! I made this with leftover chicken breasts and took it to work for lunch - delicious!
Made this spread up for a gathering I'm having in a day or so, but am not sure it will last that long, unless I tuck it away OUT OF SIGHT in the frig! I really minced everything, since I want it to spread easily on whatever [lettice leaves, crackers....]. I was almost tempted to add some raisins, but didn't! Will save those for my own recipes! Many thanks for posting! It's a winner!!