Recipe by ElizabethKnicely
The pesto adds a rich flavor (and hearty-healthy fats) to this crunchy chicken salad.
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons commercial pesto sauce (such as Classico)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3⁄4 cup chopped peeled English cucumber
- 1 cup about 4 ounces grape tomatoes, halved
- whole-grain bread
- 1 cup alfalfa sprout
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 5 ingredients (through black pepper) in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Combine chicken, cucumber, tomatoes, and mayonnaise mixture in a large bowl; mix gently. Spread chicken mixture over 4 bread slices; top with sprouts and remaining bread.