Recipe by Adopted Parisian
I used to work at a little shop that was next door to this fantastic little European bakery. This is my reinvention of their fabulous yet different Chicken Salad Sandwich.
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
- 1 cup mayonnaise (feel free to add or take away depending on how mayonnaisey you like it)
- 2 tablespoons dried onion
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus
- 2 cups vinaigrette marinade
- 8 slices brown bread
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook and cube 2 chicken breasts in bite-sized pieces.
- Cool in fridge for about 10 minutes.
- Clean asparagus and place in pot on stovetop.
- Cover with marinade.
- Boil for 5-10 minutes until soft and tender.
- Place in fridge to cool.
- Remove chicken from fridge and combine with mayo, dried onions, seasoning salt and almonds.
- Toast bread slices to preferred crispness.
- Layer chicken salad mixture on 4 slices of bread, then layer 2-4 asparagus shoots on top.
- Add second slice of bread on top.
- Serve with fruit and chips and enjoy!