1/1 Photo of Chicken Salad Sandwiches En Casserole
My daughter recently bought me some vintage cookbooks. This recipe came from Betty Crocker's Dinner in a Dish, published in 1965. This is a tasty way to use leftover chicken or turkey!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Trim crusts from bread.
- 2Blend the margarine and mustard. Spread on one side of each bread slice.
- 3Put 6 slices of bread, buttered side up, in an 11x2x2 baking dish.
- 4Combine chicken, cheese, red pepper, salt and pepper. Spread over bread slices in baking dish.
- 5Cut remaining 6 slices of bread diagonally. Arrange over chicken in baking dish, buttered side up.
- 6Combine soup and peas. Spoon over and around "sandwiches".
- 7Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes until center is hot. Lift out sandwiches to serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Salad Sandwiches En Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (268 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 437.7
- Calories from Fat 195
- Total Fat 21.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 58.7 mg
- Sodium 1180.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 24.0 g