Recipe by Kay D.
from Whole Foods (demo in store). This is not your typical chicken salad; the flavors are bright, fresh, and SO tasty!
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, poached just until done (about 20 minutes on low heat)
- 2 celery ribs, trimmed and chopped fine
- 4 green onions, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, toasted
- 1⁄2 lemon, zest and juice from this
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill
- mixed greens
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken breasts into medium dice.
- Add celery, green onions, almonds, lemon juice and zest, mayonnaise, salt, pepper, and dill. Mix gently but well.
- Season with additional salt and pepper if needed, and serve with mixed greens on whole wheat bread.