Recipe by guamswhitest
I took this out of the Sara Lee cookbook. I don't like celery, so omitted it. Delicious!!
- 12 slices whole wheat bread
- 4 cups chopped cooked chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 3⁄4 cup liquid egg substitute
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups milk
- salt and pepper
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Toast the bread slices. Place 6 slices of the toasted bread in the bottom of a lightly greased baking dish. Sprinkle the chicken and onion on top of the bread, then cover with the other 6 slices of toasted bread.
- In a bowl mix the egg substitute, mayonnaise, milk, and salt and pepper. Pour over the sandwiches, then top with soup. Cover baking dish with aluminum foil, and refrigerate 8 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Bake casserole in preheated oven for 45 minutes. Remove cover, sprinkle with cheese, and continue baking 30 minutes. Allow to sit 10 minutes before serving.