Recipe by pines506
These are great and very versatile. You can pretty much put any filling you like in there.
- 1⁄2 cup Crisco shortening
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
Chicken salad filling
- 1 cup finely chopped cooked chicken
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped dill pickles (sometimes I use the bread and butter pickles)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pimiento
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Put Crisco, water and salt into a saucepan and bring to a rolling boil.
- Add flour all at one time. Beat vigorously with a wooden spoon until mixture leaves sides of pan and forms a smooth ball.
- Remove from heat.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating until mixture is thick and smooth.
- Drop dough by heaping tsp 1-1/2 inches apart onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 and bake for 10 minutes more. Remove to wire racks.
- For chicken sald filling: combine all ingredients.
- Cut off tops of puffs and and pull out any soft moist dough. Spoon chicken salad filling into puffs. Replace tops.
- Serve warm or room temperature.