- 6 -7 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and sliced
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1 fresh pineapple, peeled, cored, eyes removed, and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 lbs red seedless grapes, cut in half
- bibb lettuce
- 2 cups slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 -2 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- fresh ground white pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Add chicken, water chestnuts, celery, pineapple, and grapes in a large bowl.
- To make the dressing: add 2 cups mayonnaise in a medium bowl; whisk in the lemon juice, curry powder, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Pour the dressing over the chicken mixture; toss gently but thoroughly.
- Add another 1/2 cup mayonnaise if desired.
- Cover and refrigerate for up to 4 hours.
- Serve the salad on bibb lettuce leaves; garnish with toasted almonds.