Recipe by Lingering_Dream
This is a great meal that tastes very fresh. I used to eat this a lot when I could eat pita bread, but since going gluten free and not having found a gluten free pita bread, I've really missed it! I hope you like this one as much as I have.
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breasts
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon dried basil
- pesto sauce (optional)
- 2 cups shredded red leaf lettuce or 2 cups romaine lettuce
- 4 (6 inch) pita breads, halved
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine the chicken, cucumber, tomato, lettuce and onions.
- In a small bowl, combine lemon juice, oil, garlic, sugar and basil; mix well.
- Add pesto if you desire; as little or as much as you would like.
- Pour over chicken mixture and toss to coat.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup of the mixture into each pita half.