Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I found this on another site. It is a fun and different way to serve chicken salad for brunch or lunch.
- 1 9 in. unbaked pastry shell
- 2⁄3 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup grapes, halved
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prick bottom and sides of pie crust with fork.
- Press 1/2 the cheese into bottom of crust.
- Bake about 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool.
- Combine sour cream, mayonnaise and salt and pepper to taste in a bowl.
- Stir in chicken, pineapple, almonds, celery and grapes.
- Pour into cooled pie crust.
- Sprinkle remainder of cheese over top and refrigerate at least 1 hour before cutting and serving.
Love this recipe, and the leftovers taste even better than the first day.