1/1 Photo of Chicken Salad Piccata
A one dish meal combining the flavors of Chicken Piccata with potatoes and fresh green beans. Adapted from "Everyday with Rachael Ray," August 2009. Supposed to cost less than $10.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs small red potatoes, quartered
- 1/2 lb fresh green beans, halved
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (1/2 a lemon)
- fresh lemon zest (1/2 a lemon)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup flour
- 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, lightly pounded
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1In a large saucepan, heat potatoes and enough salted water to cover by 1 inch; bring to a boil and cook until almost tender, about 10 minutes.
- 2Remove potatoes to a colander to drain and add green beans to water; cook 2 minutes then add to potatoes in colander.
- 3In a large bowl, whisk together 1/4 cup olive oil, 1 tablespoon capers, 3 tablespoons parsley, the lemon zest and half the lemon juice.
- 4Add potatoes and beans, season with salt and pepper; toss.
- 5In a shallow bowl, beat the egg.
- 6In another shallow bowl, combine the flour with salt and pepper.
- 7In a large skillet, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil over medium high heat.
- 8Dip chicken pieces in flour, egg, then flour again and cook about 8 minutes in the skillet; transfer to cutting board and cut into strips.
- 9Add chicken broth to skillet, cook over medium heat, scraping browned bits. Remove from heat and stir in remaining capers, parsley and lemon juice.
- 10Top potato/bean salad with chicken and drizzle on sauce from pan.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Salad Piccata
Serving Size: 1 (381 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 474.1
- Calories from Fat 207
- Total Fat 23.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 102.2 mg
- Sodium 264.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 27.0 g