Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Made this for lunch today and was very impressed with it. The original recipe is from Pillsbury with some changes made for our taste.
- 2 small chicken breasts, cooked and finely chopped (about 6 oz)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons ranch dressing
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons jalapenos, chopped fine
- 1 lagre tomatoes
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 1 (13 7/8 ounce) canpillsbury refrigerated pizza crusts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- salt and pepper
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Unroll dough onto cookie sheet and spread out with hands.
- Brush with olive oil and sprinkle italian seasoning on top.
- Bake for 12-13 minutes or until edges are slightly brown.
- In a small bowl, mix chicken, onions, jalapenos, mayo, ranch dressing and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut crust in half lenghtwise, then cut each half into 4 equal slices.
- Turn the curst over so that the seasoned side is down.
- Spread chicken mixture on 4 pieces of crust.
- Top with 2 slices of tomatoes and 1 slice cheese (cut the cheese in half so it fits the sandwich).
- Cover with remaining half of baked crust.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-low heat.
- Place 2 sandwiches in skillet, seasoned side down.
- Cook until the crust is a golden brown, pressing down with spatula.
- Turn over, press down with spatula again, and cook until golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Repeat with remaining 2 sandwiches.
Made for PRMR! Oh my, what a good sandwich. My wife couldn't get enough. This is really great and a keeper. Thank you so much for the recipe!!!!
This was a pretty good sandwich. I never would have thought of using a pizza crust as bread before! I loved that part about it. I will be doing that more often for paninis. I think the chicken salad was a little bit bland though...It needed a little somethin' somethin'. It made for a nice lunch. Thanks so much for posting Nimz! Made for 1-2-3 Hit Wonders Tag.
I made these for my mom and SIL last night for dinner after my niece's 2nd birthday party. What a wonderful dinner! We like things spicy so I added some red pepper flakes to the italian seasoning and increased the jalapenos. I also used canned chicken and onion powder instead of green onion. Thanks for sharing this great recipe, Nimz. Another winner! **Made for Spring PAC 2008**