Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This salad is very similar to the Sonoma Chicken Salad at Whole Foods' Deli. I love it - just not the hefty price tag. I enjoy creamy chicken salads with grapes and hope others will too. This is a combination of some other chicken salads and the ingredient list from Whole Foods. Plan ahead, the dressing should sit overnight in the refrigerator to meld flavors before adding to the other ingredients.
- Combine mayonnaise, cider vinegar, honey, poppy seeds and salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate overnight for the flavors to meld
- Place chicken breasts in a shallow baking dish with 1/4-1/2 cup water.
- Cover chicken and bake in a 375F oven until cooked through - about 25-30 minutes.
- Cool and cut the chicken breasts into 3/4 inch pieces (or whatever bite size you wish) then chill.
- Add the chopped celery, chopped toasted pecans, and grapes.
- Pour the dressing mixture over the chicken mixture and combine gently until coated.
- Serve on top of a green salad or as a sandwich.
Delicious! Have a question. Why is the mayonnaise included in the nutritional value. It is "one cup" in the recipe. I read your nutritional information. It says nutritional value is not calculated if ingredient is vague regarding amount. So if there is one cup of mayonnaise in the recipe why is it excluded from the nutritional value of the recipe. Thanks
Excellent salad. I made half a recipe and it turned out great. I've never had it at Whole Foods but easy and quick to make. Better after it chilled. Served with a spinach salad and poppy seed dressing.
Have never had the Whole Food's version of this, but found the recipe delightful, we eat it with wheat crackers as a stand alone lunch and was very satified with the grape, nut texture and flavor. An over all keeper of a recipe, and will be used again. thank you for posting this yummy chicken salad.