Recipe by Garlic Chick
This salad is very similar to the Sonoma Chicken Salad at Whole Foods' Deli. I love it - just not the hefty price tag. I enjoy creamy chicken salads with grapes and hope others will too. This is a combination of some other chicken salads and the ingredient list from Whole Foods. Plan ahead, the dressing should sit overnight in the refrigerator to meld flavors before adding to the other ingredients.
Top Review by adopt a greyhound
Excellent salad. I made half a recipe and it turned out great. I've never had it at Whole Foods but easy and quick to make. Better after it chilled. Served with a spinach salad and poppy seed dressing.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 3⁄4 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 2 cups seedless grapes
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine mayonnaise, cider vinegar, honey, poppy seeds and salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate overnight for the flavors to meld
- Place chicken breasts in a shallow baking dish with 1/4-1/2 cup water.
- Cover chicken and bake in a 375F oven until cooked through - about 25-30 minutes.
- Cool and cut the chicken breasts into 3/4 inch pieces (or whatever bite size you wish) then chill.
- Add the chopped celery, chopped toasted pecans, and grapes.
- Pour the dressing mixture over the chicken mixture and combine gently until coated.
- Serve on top of a green salad or as a sandwich.