Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Indio, California produces 90% of the US date crop. Dates make an interesting, slightly sweet addition to chicken salad.
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1⁄2 cup blanched slivered almond
- 10 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- Combine all ingredients except mayonnaise in a bowl.
- Add mayonnaise and mix well.
- Refrigerate for several hous or until well chilled.
- Serve with crackers.
I loved the unusual flavor combinations of this chicken salad. I made tortilla rollups with it. The only problem was that the end result was much too salty, which is odd because the recipe does not call for salt and I didn't add any. I even used low-sodium bacon. I did use store-bought pre-cooked chicken breast strips and they must have been saltier than I realized. Thank you for the recipe Ginny Sue!