1/3 Photos of Chicken Salad in Tomato Shells
This is an easy, delicious tasting salad and looks fantastic. Serve it in jagged cut tomato cups. It can also be served as an appetizer when the Roma's are small, and can be made ahead of time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 drops liquid smoke
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 4 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 4 tablespoons Best Foods Mayonnaise
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- kosher salt, to taste
- 10 -12 small roma tomatoes (or Plum)
- 1/2 cup chiffonade arugula
- 2 tablespoons almonds, chopped and toasted
- 1Season chicken breast with salt and pepper. Drizzle a few drops of Liquid Smoke over the chicken. Saute in butter over medium heat until juices are clear; set aside to cool.
- 2Cut the chicken into a small dice and set aside.
- 3Using a sharp knife, make large 1-inch jagged cuts around each Roma tomato lengthwise.
- 4Carefully lift the tops off the tomatoes, scoop out and discard the tomato pulp from both halves, (I use the pulp for pasta or soup), leaving a 1/4-inch-thick shell.
- 5Season each shell with Kosher salt and place the shells, cut side down, on paper towels to drain. Let stand for 30 minutes, or cover and refrigerate overnight. You may have to slice a small amount off the bottom of each shell to keep them from tipping on their sides.
- 6In a small bowl, combine cooked chicken, celery, and green onion. Stir in mayonnaise, lemon zest, lemon juice, freshly cracked black pepper and Kosher salt to taste.
- 7Just before serving, stir in arugula and almonds into the chicken mixture. Spoon some salad into each tomato shell and arrange on a platter.
- 8Garnish each tomato shell with additional lemon zest, toasted almonds and a chiffonade of arugula and serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Salad in Tomato Shells
Serving Size: 1 (192 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 115.1
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 24.9 mg
- Sodium 71.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 9.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of