Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
From my collection.
- 1⁄2 lb green beans
- 4 (8 ounce) refrigerated roasted cooked chicken breast halves
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 (8 1/4 ounce) can red kidney beans
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons salad oil
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 4 large tomatoes (about 12 ounces each)
- 1 medium head lettuce
- Trim ends from green beans; cut each bean crosswise in half.
- In 2-quart saucepan over high heat, add.
- in 1 inch boiling water, heat green beans to boiling. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 10 to 15 minutes until beans are tender, drain.
- Meanwhile, discard skin and bones from chicken. Tear chicken into bite-size pieces. Cut carrots into matchstick-thin strips. Drain kidney beans.
- In large bowl, combine green beans, chicken, carrots, kidney beans, Parmesan cheese, lemon juice, olive or salad oil, capers, salt, oregano and 2 tablespoons water; toss to mix well.
- With tomatoes stem-end down, cut each tomato into 5 wedges, being careful not to cut all the way through.
- Line 4 dinner plates with lettuce. Place a tomato on each lettuce-lined plate. Spread tomato wedges open like a flower; top with chicken mixture.