Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A clipped out recipe I found that I really enjoy as it uses bananas and coconut along with the standard mandarin oranges in most fruity chicken salads. I love serving this over baby romaine lettuce and with mini croissants. Allow 30 minutes of chill time before serving. (Prep time does not include time to cook the chicken)
- 473.18 ml chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
- 236.59 ml celery, chopped
- 236.59 ml light mayonnaise
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 566.99 g can pineapple chunks in juice, drained
- 2 large firm bananas, sliced
- 311.84 g can mandarin oranges, drained
- 118.29 ml flaked coconut
- 177.44 ml salted cashews (or peanuts)
- salad greens, for salad base
- Place cooked chicken and celery in a large bowl.
- Combine mayonnaise with the pepper and add to the chicken mixture and mix well.
- Cover and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Before serving, add the pineapple, bananas, oranges, and coconut; toss gently.
- Serve on salad greens and sprinkle with nuts on top.
Very good salad!! I made with leftover chicken from Hawaiian Chicken and it was perfect for this salad. I loved the taste of the bananas and coconut and liked that it didn't need dressing on it, the chicken salad mixture was moist enough. Was a great, quick salad to start the week with. Made for Newest Zaar.
I almost always have (in the freezer) cooked & diced chicken breast, but for this recipe I had to use some that was shredded! Other than that, though, I followed your recipe & was very satisfied with the results! We've had similar salads before, but I don't think we've ever had one that included coconut and cashews (2 ingredients that we DO enjoy)! Moist & tasty ~ A most satisfying salad! Thanks for posting the recipe! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]