Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I love making this for summer lunches. It is so refreshing and light, and truly is simple to prepare. I used to work at a restaurant where this was the favorite lunch item, so I decided to start making it at home, and thanks to the chef who so kindly shared the recipe with me!
- 2⁄3 cup pineapple juice
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 10 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 medium pineapple
- 1 cup strawberry, halved
- 1 small apple, cored and diced
- 1⁄2 cup orange section (no sugar added)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons grenadine or 2 teaspoons honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- In a medium saucepan, combine pineapple juice, apple juice, and orange juice; bring to a boil.
- Add chicken; reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, 10-15 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from heat; set aside to cool.
- Reserve cooking liquid.
- While chicken is cooling, cup pineapple in half lengthwise; remove and discard core.
- Scoop out pulp, leaving shells intact.
- Cover shells with plastic wrap; refrigerate until ready to use.
- Weigh 9 ounces pineapple pulp; reserve remaining pineapple pulp for use at another time.
- Cut pineapple pulp into chunks.
- In a large bowl, combine pineapple chunks, strawberries, apple and orange sections, tossing lightly.
- Cut cooled chicken into chunks or strips; add to pineapple mixture.
- Strain cooking liquid into small saucepan; add vinegar, grenadine syrup and allspice.
- Bring liquid to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to about 1/2 cup.
- Pour vinegar mixture over chicken mixture; toss well to combine.
- Refrigerate, covered, at least 1 hour, tossing several times to blend flavors.
- To serve, fill each pineapple shell with 1/2 the chicken mixture.