I love making this for summer lunches. It is so refreshing and light, and truly is simple to prepare. I used to work at a restaurant where this was the favorite lunch item, so I decided to start making it at home, and thanks to the chef who so kindly shared the recipe with me!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2/3 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 10 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 medium pineapple
- 1 cup strawberry, halved
- 1 small apple, cored and diced
- 1/2 cup orange section (no sugar added)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons grenadine or 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1In a medium saucepan, combine pineapple juice, apple juice, and orange juice; bring to a boil.
- 2Add chicken; reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, 10-15 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
- 3Remove from heat; set aside to cool.
- 4Reserve cooking liquid.
- 5While chicken is cooling, cup pineapple in half lengthwise; remove and discard core.
- 6Scoop out pulp, leaving shells intact.
- 7Cover shells with plastic wrap; refrigerate until ready to use.
- 8Weigh 9 ounces pineapple pulp; reserve remaining pineapple pulp for use at another time.
- 9Cut pineapple pulp into chunks.
- 10In a large bowl, combine pineapple chunks, strawberries, apple and orange sections, tossing lightly.
- 11Cut cooled chicken into chunks or strips; add to pineapple mixture.
- 12Strain cooking liquid into small saucepan; add vinegar, grenadine syrup and allspice.
- 13Bring liquid to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to about 1/2 cup.
- 14Pour vinegar mixture over chicken mixture; toss well to combine.
- 15Refrigerate, covered, at least 1 hour, tossing several times to blend flavors.
- 16To serve, fill each pineapple shell with 1/2 the chicken mixture.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Salad in Pineapple Boats
Serving Size: 1 (990 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 618.7
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 90.7 mg
- Sodium 182.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 116.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.0 g
- Sugars 87.4 g
- Protein 34.2 g