Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is not your typical Chicken Salad. I am not partial to onions and celery so I made up my own version using Spinach and Broccoli and it turned out delicious enough that I am posting it here for you to try. This recipe is basically a base that can be eaten with or without additions so if you enjoy onions and celery add them in or you could try, tomatoes, olives, avocado, walnuts, Raspberries, Zucchini, Summer Squash or more.
- 2 large chicken breasts, diced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup broccoli, raw and chopped
- 1 cup spinach, raw and chopped
- 4 tablespoons Miracle Whip
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 whole wheat pita bread, cut in half
- Dice the chicken and brown it in the Worcestershire sauce in a non-stick skillet with no oil.
- When the chicken is mostly browned add the chopped broccoli and spinach.
- Cover and let it stay on the heat long enough for the chicken to finish cooking and the spinach and broccoli to soften then remove from heat leaving covered.
- In a separate bowl mix the mustard, cheese and Miracle Whip. (Mayonnaise works too).
- Once the chicken has cooled add the chicken to the bowl and mix well.
- Place some of the mixture into half a Whole Wheat Pita Pocket and Enjoy.
- * This tastes delicious both warm and cold so leftovers are great.
- * Some possible additions: tomato, olives, celery, onion, avocado, zucchini, summer squash, walnuts, raspberries. - if you add zucchini and/or squash you will probably want to steam it separately and then add to the mixture.