Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Great chicken salad and only 5 WW points per serving. You'd never know it was low calorie. I believe the recipe originally came from the Weight Watcher's web site. I think it is best chilled for a few hours before eating.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1⁄3 cup chopped pimiento
- 1⁄3 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 (2 ounce) high fiber rolls, tops removed and centers pressed down to create bowls
- Cook chicken in sauce pan with enough water to cover until done.
- Cut chicken into 2-inch pieces.
- In a large bowl mix together the mayo, celery, parsley, mustard, oregano, pimento and pepper.
- Add chicken and mix well.
- Spoon 1/2 cup chicken salad into rolls.
Very nice chicken salad, I cooked the chicken in the frypan with cooking spray, personal preference, just don't care for boiled chicken. Left out the celery, just didn't have any. Nice idea making the rolls into a bowl and loved the pimiento, a nice touch. Enjoyed them and will make them again.
The flavours blend well of this easily made recipe. I used a 1/4 of a chicken from the deli and left out the celery as one of us doesn't like it. I also used some diced red pepper & this gave it some crunch. :) Next time I will also add some lettuce to the base of the rolls. Another keeper for me :)
Very good chicken salad! I used chicken breast tenderloins and shredded it when cooled. Quick and easy to put together for a wonderful lunch or lite dinner.