Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry. Chicken salad served in a flaky pastry shell with a side of candied carrots.
- 1 (10 ounce) package puff pastry shells
- 2 1⁄2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice or 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1⁄3 cup Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing
- 1⁄2 lb baby carrots, blanched
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Prepare the pastry shells according to package directions.
- Stir the chicken, tomatoes, cheese, mustard, black pepper and lemon(juice or zest) in a medium bowl. Add the Hidden Valley Original Ranch Dressing and toss to coat.
- In a medium saute pan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the brown sugar and stir to incorporate. Add the carrots and saute until browned and sticky. Sprinkle cinnamon over the top.
- Divide the chicken mixture among the pastry shells. Top with the tops if desired. Serve with a portion of the candied carrots.