Recipe by Sherrybeth
I recently went to one of the local eateries to try their new "Hot Chicken Salad". It was so good and I asked for the recipe. I was told it was a TOP secret recipe and I couldn't have it....well, let me tell you...I haven't stopped looking for a recipe that would equal it. Guess WHAT? I found the recipe in a 1950's Vintage 4-H cookbook. I made a few changes and wanted to share, so here goes....
Top Review by CookinMamaof3
I was not terribly impressed with this casserole, but my husband thought it was ok--but he said it would have been better if we had eaten it cold as chicken salad sandwiches.
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup finely minced sweet onion
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2⁄3 chopped almonds (toasted)
- 1⁄3 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄2 cups crushed potato chips (plain)