Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
"Best Recipes from the backs of Boxes, Bottles, Cans and Jars" by Cecil Dyer. I would probably skip the part of serving this on a bed of lettuce, but some of you might want to.
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken, cooked and boned, in thin stripes
- 1 cup ripe olives, sliced in wedges
- 1 avocado, cut into cresents
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, strips
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 2 -3 tablespoons pimentos, in thin strips
- 4 cups lettuce, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup salad oil
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
- Combine ingredients; hold aside avocado.
- Cover and chill.
- Combine dressing ingredients in a jar and shake well.
- Just before serving add avocados, shake dressing and pour over salad.
- Toss lightly, serve on a bed of lettuce.