Recipe by ellie_
Simple old-fashioned chicken salad which is perfect for sandwiches or stuffing tomatoes. Although the recipe calls for boiling uncooked chicken leftover chicken would also work fine and give wonderful flavor to the chicken salad. Recipe source: local newspaper
Top Review by Hardryv
Very good and tasty, good job Ellie. I didnt have any fresh parsley or dill seed, so I ommited the parsley and used dill weed, 1/2 of what was suggested for the dill seed. Still was very good, I plan on making it this way from this day fourth. I chopped some romaine lettuce and put it in a bowl, mixed it up with this recipe and shook a few shakes of malt vinergar over the top, delicious!! Thanks
- 2 whole boneless chicken breasts
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 onion, quartered
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups mayonnaise (depending on how wet you like your chicken salad)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dill seed
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken, celery stalk and onion in saucepan with water to cover.
- Bring to a boil and simmer 20 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Drain and discard onion and celery.
- Let chicken cool.
- In a food processor chop chicken.
- In a medium sized bowl combine chicken with mayonnaise, salt& pepper, parsley, dill seed, chopped celery and lemon juice.
- Cover and refrigerate until chilled.