Recipe by abloom69
From Suzanne's Restaurant in Washington, DC.
Top Review by Roxygirl in Colorado
Served this on good rolls for Fourth of July dinner. I'd been looking forward to making this recipe for awhile! Since I'm visiting in D.C. maybe I can check out the original version at Suzanne's. I loved the raspberry vinegar (mine was black raspberry) and dill combo (couldn't use as much dill since mine had gotten soggy with refrig.). I used a horseradish dijon mustard (Stonewall Kitchen brand) and a equal mix of plain yogurt and light mayonnaise (perfect) and added a sprinkle of poppy seeds. Even my two kids (14, 12) ate without any complaints! Roxygirl in Colo.
- 3 whole chicken breasts, poached and cut into bite size pieces
- 1 large sweet red pepper, julienned
- 2 large head of broccoli, cut in florets
- 12 slices thick slab bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 1⁄2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 4 1⁄2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine chicken and red pepper in a large bowl.
- Steam broccoli under just tender and add to the chicken and mix it in gently, add bacon.
- In a small bowl, whisk together sour cream, mayonnaise, dijon mustard, raspberry vinegar and dill. Pour over chicken and vegetables and mix well.
- Chill the salad for at least 2 hours before serving.