Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Suzanne's Restaurant in Washington, DC.
Make and share this Chicken Salad for Company recipe from Food.com.
- 3 whole chicken breasts, poached and cut into bite size pieces
- 1 large sweet red pepper, julienned
- 2 large head of broccoli, cut in florets
- 12 slices thick slab bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 1⁄2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 4 1⁄2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- Combine chicken and red pepper in a large bowl.
- Steam broccoli under just tender and add to the chicken and mix it in gently, add bacon.
- In a small bowl, whisk together sour cream, mayonnaise, dijon mustard, raspberry vinegar and dill. Pour over chicken and vegetables and mix well.
- Chill the salad for at least 2 hours before serving.
Served this on good rolls for Fourth of July dinner. I'd been looking forward to making this recipe for awhile! Since I'm visiting in D.C. maybe I can check out the original version at Suzanne's. I loved the raspberry vinegar (mine was black raspberry) and dill combo (couldn't use as much dill since mine had gotten soggy with refrig.). I used a horseradish dijon mustard (Stonewall Kitchen brand) and a equal mix of plain yogurt and light mayonnaise (perfect) and added a sprinkle of poppy seeds. Even my two kids (14, 12) ate without any complaints! Roxygirl in Colo.
Took this to work today to pamper my staff. They loved it! Wonderful flavor and nice balance of chicken and veggies. Thanks!
Wonderful Chicken Salad!!! This salad has an amazing taste! I will make this over and over. Next time I will add pecans! Thank you for a wonderful recipe!