Recipe by Yia Yia
Great for warm summer evenings, or, remember summer during the winter! Makes a perfect luncheon salad, too. This is a recipe of my friend, Olive.
Top Review by MsSally
This was outstanding. DH and I loved this. I omitted the peas (we don't care for those) and I used peanuts instead of cashews (what I had on hand) served with cantelope and crackers. Great light dinner for a HOT summer night. Thanks for the great recipe.
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, poached and cooled
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple tidbits (reserve juice)
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 20 grapes, halved
- 1 cup baby peas, thawed
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup cashews
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 4 romaine leaves, chilled, for garnish
- 1 cup chow mein noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- Tear the cooled chicken breasts into bite sized pieces and place in a good sized bowl.
- Add celery, pineapple and grapes.
- Add the peas, green onion and cashews.
- In a small bowl mix together the mayo and 1/4 c reserved pineapple liquid until smooth and creamy.
- Add the mayo mixture and fresh chives to the chicken mixture and fold gently.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour to blend the flavors.
- To serve, place romaine leaves on a serving platter (or use 4 individual plates) and top with the salad mixture.
- Sprinkle with chow mein noodles for garnish.