1/2 Photos of Chicken Salad for an Endless Summer
Yia Yia's Note:
Great for warm summer evenings, or, remember summer during the winter! Makes a perfect luncheon salad, too. This is a recipe of my friend, Olive.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, poached and cooled
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple tidbits (reserve juice)
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 20 grapes, halved
- 1 cup baby peas, thawed
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 4 romaine leaves, chilled, for garnish
- 1 cup chow mein noodles
- 1Tear the cooled chicken breasts into bite sized pieces and place in a good sized bowl.
- 2Add celery, pineapple and grapes.
- 4Add the peas, green onion and cashews.
- 6In a small bowl mix together the mayo and 1/4 c reserved pineapple liquid until smooth and creamy.
- 7Add the mayo mixture and fresh chives to the chicken mixture and fold gently.
- 8Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 9Refrigerate for at least an hour to blend the flavors.
- 10To serve, place romaine leaves on a serving platter (or use 4 individual plates) and top with the salad mixture.
- 11Sprinkle with chow mein noodles for garnish.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Salad for an Endless Summer
Serving Size: 1 (1454 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 894.3
- Calories from Fat 197
- Total Fat 21.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 45.4 mg
- Sodium 463.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 164.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 22.6 g
- Sugars 115.4 g
- Protein 29.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: