Prep 45 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I got this chicken salad recipe from Abby, a dear friend of mine, several years ago. It's delicious and elegant enough for a ladies' luncheon, shower, or brunch. You can add a diced apple, or substitute cashews or almonds for a variation of the basic recipe. This recipe doubles, triples etc. well and the chicken salad alone is great on croissants or bread with lettuce, tomato slices, sprouts or thinly sliced avocado.Cook time is the chilling time.
- 4 large chicken breasts, poached, cooled, and diced
- 1⁄2 cup sliced water chestnuts
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red seedless grapes, halved if you wish
- 1⁄4 cup celery, finely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise (can use light or no-fat)
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons onions, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 6 slices canned pineapple
- lettuce leaf, to serve chicken salad on
- Mix chicken, water chestnuts, nuts, grapes, and celery.
- Blend mayonnaise, vinegar, soy sauce, onion, and curry powder.
- Toss dressing with the chicken mixture and chill for at least 2 hour to allow the flavors to blend.
- To serve, spoon onto pineapple slices arranged on lettuce leaves.