Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Curried chicken salad with grapes. It is served with flat bread from India, called Na'an.
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 -3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (1 lemon)
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 cup grapes, halved
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced on an angle
- 1⁄4 cup almonds, slivered and toasted
- In a medium bowl, combine yogurt, lemon juice, curry powder, honey turmeric, cardamom, and cinnamon; whisk in oil, then season with salt and pepper.
- Add chicken, grapes, green onions, and almonds to the dressing and toss.
- Serve with na'an.
I like this recipe. A new spin on chicken salad. I added a bit of Thai basil and hard boiled egg for fun.
Wow - there is a lot of flavor packed in this dish, and it sure beats plain old chicken salad! I made a nice batch of this to bring along to work for lunch. The grapes and the almonds are really a nice touch and the na'an rounds it out nicely. Perhaps next time I might add a little hot curry powder for a kick. Thanks for sharing this. Made by a fellow Renegade for ZWT 6.