Recipe by ~Nimz~
Excellent. Original recipe is from Pillsbury with some modifications by me. The variations are endless in this recipe. You can add or take away whatever you want. I've made it with red peppers added as well as some chopped mushroom. :)
Top Review by AustinsAm
In my opinion, these needed a little more flavor. I made a few small changes-miracle whip instead of mayo, regular onion instead of green, a tiny bit less cayenne pepper, and the almonds weren't toasted. I don't think these changes should have made that much of a difference in taste though! I actually tasted some of the chicken salad before baking them, and liked it better cold. So I could just use this as a chicken salad recipe and leave it at that!
- 1 1⁄4 cups chopped cooked chicken (1 small boneless chicken breast)
- 1⁄3 celery, chopped fine
- 1⁄4 cup light mayonnaise (add more to get the consistency you want.)
- 1 tablespoon toasted sliced almonds, chopped
- 1 medium green onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- 10 pillsbury burttermilk biscuits
- 1⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375.
- Lightly grease muffin cups.
- In small bowl mix chicken, celery, mayo, almonds, onion, black pepper, cayenne (if using) and 2 tablespoons cheese until well blended.
- Press each biscuit to cover bottom and side of muffin cup.
- Spoon a little over a tbls. of chicken mixture into biscuit cups and press down so biscuit spreads.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until edges golden brown.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
- Return to oven and bake an additional 2 minutes, or until cheese melts.