Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This simple chicken salad is made into sandwiches served on croissants. Although the recipe gives directions for microwaving the chicken, feel free to use leftovers or canned chicken. From Betty Crocker.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1/2 pound)
- 1⁄4 cup ranch dressing, creamy (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1⁄4 cup cucumber, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cashews, chopped
- 2 croissants, split
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine or 1 tablespoon mayonnaise or 1 tablespoon salad dressing
- lettuce, if desired
- To microwave chicken:.
- Arrange chicken, thickest parts to outside edge, in 2-cup microwavable casserole or on microwavable plate.
- Cover tightly and microwave on High 3 to 4 minutes or until juice is no longer pink when centers of thickest pieces are cut.
- Uncover and refrigerate about 10 minutes or until cool enough to handle.
- Cut chicken into 1/4-inch pieces.
- Toss chicken, dressing, mustard, cucumber, tomato and cashews.
- Cover and refrigerate about 1 hour or until chilled.
- Just before serving, spread cut sides of croissant halves with butter.
- Spread chicken mixture over bottoms of croissants; top with lettuce and tops of croissants.
For me this was good. I chose to mix the mayo and ranch dressing in the chicken and not put anything on the croissants. Thanks for a nice lunch.