Recipe by Manami
This recipe was found on the pillsbury site. Submitted by Susan Scarborough from Fernandina Beach, Fl., for the Bake-Off Contest 42, in 2006. Looks very interesting and a new twist on chicken salad and crescent rolls. Allow 10 minutes for cooling.
- 2 cups deli rotisserie-cooked chicken
- 1⁄4 cup mango chutney
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 6 ounces yoplait original 99% fat free pina colada yogurt
- 8 ounces refrigerated reduced-fat crescent rolls
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt-free lemon & herb seasoning
- 1⁄3 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 cup finely chopped macadamia nuts
- 4 medium green onions
- 4 teaspoons mango chutney
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- In medium bowl, mix chicken, 1/4 cup chutney, the mustard, sliced onions and yogurt with fork until well blended. Store in refrigerator until needed.
- Cut 4 (12") squares of heavy-duty foil. Place 1 foil sq on work surface; fold into thirds to make a triple-thick 12x4" strip. Starting with one 4" end, roll foil strip into tube with 1-1/4" inside diameter. Repeat with remaining foil squares.
- Unroll dough; separate into 4 rectangles, pressing perforations to seal. Place 1 foil tube on one short side of each rectamgle; roll dough around the tube. Place seam side down 2" apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Sprinkle each evenly with lemon-dill seasoning and pepper.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from cookie sheet; place on wire rack. Cool 5 minutes.
- To remove foil, grasp inside corner of foil and pull to uncoil foil from dough. Cool 5 minutes longer.
- Remove from refrigerator and add macadamia nuts and test for seasoning.
- Fill each crescent cannoli with 1/2 cup chicken mixture; place on individual plate. Place any extra chicken mixture near open ends of each cannoli.
- To garnish, cut off white ends from 4 green onions; save for later use. Cut each green portion lengthwise into 2 strips; tie ends of each pair to form a knot. Place knot on top of each cannoli, tucking ends under sides. Spoon 1 teaspoon chutney onto plate at side of each cannoli.