Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe was found on the pillsbury site. Submitted by Susan Scarborough from Fernandina Beach, Fl., for the Bake-Off Contest 42, in 2006. Looks very interesting and a new twist on chicken salad and crescent rolls. Allow 10 minutes for cooling.
- 2 cups deli rotisserie-cooked chicken
- 1⁄4 cup mango chutney
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 6 ounces yoplait original 99% fat free pina colada yogurt
- 8 ounces refrigerated reduced-fat crescent rolls
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt-free lemon & herb seasoning
- 1⁄3 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 cup finely chopped macadamia nuts
- 4 medium green onions
- 4 teaspoons mango chutney
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- In medium bowl, mix chicken, 1/4 cup chutney, the mustard, sliced onions and yogurt with fork until well blended. Store in refrigerator until needed.
- Cut 4 (12") squares of heavy-duty foil. Place 1 foil sq on work surface; fold into thirds to make a triple-thick 12x4" strip. Starting with one 4" end, roll foil strip into tube with 1-1/4" inside diameter. Repeat with remaining foil squares.
- Unroll dough; separate into 4 rectangles, pressing perforations to seal. Place 1 foil tube on one short side of each rectamgle; roll dough around the tube. Place seam side down 2" apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Sprinkle each evenly with lemon-dill seasoning and pepper.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from cookie sheet; place on wire rack. Cool 5 minutes.
- To remove foil, grasp inside corner of foil and pull to uncoil foil from dough. Cool 5 minutes longer.
- Remove from refrigerator and add macadamia nuts and test for seasoning.
- Fill each crescent cannoli with 1/2 cup chicken mixture; place on individual plate. Place any extra chicken mixture near open ends of each cannoli.
- To garnish, cut off white ends from 4 green onions; save for later use. Cut each green portion lengthwise into 2 strips; tie ends of each pair to form a knot. Place knot on top of each cannoli, tucking ends under sides. Spoon 1 teaspoon chutney onto plate at side of each cannoli.