Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I have made this many times--always with great results.
- 8 ounces refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 (4 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken breast
- salt and pepper
- Unroll the crescent rolls and place on the bottom of an ungreased cookie sheet to form an 11 x 7 inch sheet.
- Press the perforations together to seal. In a medium-sized bowl, make a chicken salad by combining the cream cheese, mayonnaise, celery, chicken, salt and pepper.
- Spread the chicken salad lengthwise down the middle third of the crescent roll dough. With a pair of scissors, cut the remaining dough into one inch wide strips, being careful not to cut into the chicken salad.
- Fold the strips criss-cross style over the chicken salad. Bake in a 400°F oven until golden brown, between 15 to 20 minutes. Brush with melted margarine, cut into slices and serve hot.