Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe was given to me by my Aunt Anita, the queen of organization. She puts a spread on the table that would take your breath and never stresses, always has a clean house and a smile on her face. The reason is - she uses recipes such as this one. She prepares ahead of time, freezes, and then the day of the dinner party, all she has to do is thaw and cook. Wonderful for potlucks.
- 4 chicken breasts, cooked,cooled and diced
- 3⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can sliced water chestnuts
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can cream of onion soup
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups crushed corn flakes
- Mix all ingredients, except corn flakes, and pour into buttered casserole dish.
- Mix corn flakes with small amount of melted butter.
- Spread evenly over top of mixture.
- Bake@ 300 degrees F for 45 to 60 minutes.
- Can be prepared and frozen for later use.
Made this again for the family reunion. It went over really good and I had people asking me for the recipe. They especially liked the water chestnuts. Thanks again.
This was so easy and so good! It was just what I wanted. I especially liked the water chestnuts. The only change I made was to use some crushed Ritz crackers in place of the corn flakes (didn't have any) and I diced up the water chestnuts. (7)
Fantastic! Had something similar at church once, so couldn't resist it! I added sliced almonds to the cornflakes when I toasted it with butter, sauteed the onion and celery, and added 1/4 jar of pimentos. My DH said it was a keeper!