Recipe by joolzcd
I couldn't find another chicken salad recipe on here with apple, walnut and celery so I'm posting the one I have in my recipe box. I eat it as is, but it's also good on a wrap or bread. Also makes a good appetizer on crackers, mini toast or pita wedges.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Cut this recipe in half since there were just 2 of us & wrapped the 'salad' in 3 tortillas! Simple to make & easy cleanup, too! And, since I'm such a fan of the raisin, another time I might just add some of those to the salad! Thanks for sharing your recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick A Chef event]
- 3 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 cup apple, diced
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine chicken, apple, celery, green onion and walnuts in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk balsamic vinegar and olive oil, pour over chicken mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper and toss to coat.
- Let salad rest 10 to 15 minutes, mix again, then refrigerate until chilled.