Recipe by Jesstra
a different kind of chicken dip which can be served with crackers or tortilla chips
- 1⁄4 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 3⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 6 ounces water chestnuts, drained and sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute' celery and onion in butter until soft. In 2 qt casserole, mix sauteed mixture with mayo, milk, lemon juice, wine, salt, stir well.
- Add chicken, chestnuts and cheese. Sprinkle almonds over top.
- Let stand in refrigerator overnight. Bake at 425 degrees for 30 minutes. Stir once or twice during baking.