Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is good for sandwiches or as a salad over a lettuce leaf.
- 4 whole chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons grated onions
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, grated fine
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon horseradish
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup finely ground pecans
- Cook chicken with 1 stalk celery, 1 small onion, 1 tsp celery seed, 1 tsp salt.
- Chop fine or grind, add the grated onion and mayonnaise into which the horseradish has been blended.
- Add lemon juice and pecans and mix well.
- Refrigerate overnight.
Love this recipe! I have been looking for a great chicken salad recipe and have finally found one. I did add a few things a little dill, and pepper and took out the nuts but then I can't have them so added cut up celery for my crunch to it. This is great and a favorite now in our house hold. Thanks Tony for this great recipie!!
Great recipe Troy, thanks for sharing this. The chicken was bursting with flavor and was so very tender too. But,I think the hroseradish combined with the lemon and mayo was what made this recipe a winner!
This was good! I had chicken leftover over from chicken soup so I saved the breast meat for the salad. I didn't add the eggs, increased the horseradish (my favorite) and lemon. I used onion powder instead of fresh and added dill. I also just chopped the pecans so you get that little cruch (also increased those).