I originally came across this recipe in a back issue of Chatelaine magazine and it has become a family favourite. It is quick to prepare and makes a nice lunch or light supper served with your favourite bread or rolls.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice or 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons liquid honey (optional)
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 1⁄2 cup sliced celery
- 1 grated carrot
- 1 minced shallot
- 4 cups torn lettuce, of your choice
- Whisk together the first 7 ingredients to make a vinaigrette.
- In another bowl, mix the remaining ingredients together.
- Toss vegetable mixture with vinaigrette.
- Serve immediately.
Excellant chicken salad! loved the dressing and will be making it again. Made just as written, nice combination, celery, carrot and shallot with the chicken. Was a real hit at a luncheon we had. Thanks for sharing a tasty salad, we will make it again.