Recipe by Irmgard
I originally came across this recipe in a back issue of Chatelaine magazine and it has become a family favourite. It is quick to prepare and makes a nice lunch or light supper served with your favourite bread or rolls.
Top Review by Derf
Excellant chicken salad! loved the dressing and will be making it again. Made just as written, nice combination, celery, carrot and shallot with the chicken. Was a real hit at a luncheon we had. Thanks for sharing a tasty salad, we will make it again.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice or 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons liquid honey (optional)
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 1⁄2 cup sliced celery
- 1 grated carrot
- 1 minced shallot
- 4 cups torn lettuce, of your choice