Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is great for a light summer meal. Tastes great served on crackers or made into a light sandwich.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup mayonnaise (more if desired)
- 3 -6 dill pickles (depending on taste)
- 1 can water chestnut
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- salt and pepper
- Cook chicken breasts until done (broiling works well).
- Shred chicken using food processor or something similar.
- Finely dice water chestnuts and dill pickles.
- Add water chestnuts and pickles to chicken, as well as the mayo and mustard.
- Mix well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and possibly more mayonnaise if you prefer a smoother texture.
- Tastes best after refrigerated for an hour or so.
- Serve on crackers, or make into sandwich.
I had tons of chicken leftover from the weekend. I made this and served it with curried brocolli soup and crusty bread. It was much better then the original roast chicken and was really quick and easy to prepare.
This is sheer genius! I would never in a thousand years have thought of combining these ingredients. I substituted roast turkey for chicken and added some chopped parsley. Otherwise, I stuck to the recipe. I used my food processor to shred the turkey. The crunch of the water chestnuts is very pleasant. I will make salads like this again. Thank you very much for sharing this recipe with us.
MMMM MMMM Good!