Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Whipped cream gives this salad a lift. Serve on lettuce or sandwiches.
- 2 1⁄2 cups diced and chilled cooked chicken meat (I use chicken breast you can use canned chicken)
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup sliced seedless grapes
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a medium bowl, whip cream to soft peaks.
- Combine chicken, celery, grapes, almonds, parsley, salt and mayonnaise with whipped cream.
- Serve on lettuce leaf or sandwiches.
This sounded similar to a wonderful salad that I had been served at a shower a few weeks ago, so I decided to try it. I made this for a party at work and was embarrased to even bring it. The recipe calls for way too much salt, mayo, and whipped cream (especially salt). I had to actually scoop some out, wash it, and add it back to salvage the stuff - and it's still not good. Adding more grapes helped to balance the salt a little.
Bravo!! This recipe worked out GREAT for my husband's open house luncheon! I made enough for 40 people and they all raved about it! I grilled the chicken breasts the day before and cut the edges off prior to cutting it into bite size pieces. Thanks for sharing this fab recipe!
Barbara this is excellant! Used leftover chicken, the combo of grapes, parsley and the whipping cream was fantastic. I love it as a protein rich snack on crackers! Thanx for a great recipe.