Recipe by jkoch960
My sister-in-law gave me this recipe. She made it for a family function and we found ourselves fighting over the last ones!
Top Review by Mrs. Hughes
I baked a whole chicken and was looking for something to do with the leftovers. This was perfect! I've made it a couple of times since I found this recipe. We've taken chicken salad sandwiches on camping trips and picnics. This stuff is very good and easily adaptable to suit one's tastes. We've enjoyed it as is, but have also had it with a little celery and/or shredded carrots. Also, I make it with mayo as we don't care for the sweet taste of Miracle Whip. Thanks for the simple and delicious recipe!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1⁄2 cup Miracle Whip
- 1⁄2 cup helman's mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese (finely shredded)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) package miniature croissants
- 1 bunch bibb lettuce