Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
My sister-in-law gave me this recipe. She made it for a family function and we found ourselves fighting over the last ones!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1⁄2 cup Miracle Whip
- 1⁄2 cup helman's mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese (finely shredded)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) package miniature croissants
- 1 bunch bibb lettuce
- Mix the first 6 ingredients. Spread on croissants with a leaf of lettuce.
I baked a whole chicken and was looking for something to do with the leftovers. This was perfect! I've made it a couple of times since I found this recipe. We've taken chicken salad sandwiches on camping trips and picnics. This stuff is very good and easily adaptable to suit one's tastes. We've enjoyed it as is, but have also had it with a little celery and/or shredded carrots. Also, I make it with mayo as we don't care for the sweet taste of Miracle Whip. Thanks for the simple and delicious recipe!
I had cooked chicken in my freezer so used that to make this. I used all Kraft mayo as that is what I buy (I don't like Miracle Whip). We ate this on bread but it was very tasty and enjoyed by my whole family.
Love this! We don't like Miraclee Whip, so I only used Hellmann's half fat mayo. We also used regual sized croissants. I made this for Everyday's a Holiday. Thanks! :)