Recipe by Pesto lover
This is super fast when using a store-bought rotisserie chicken. I buy one from our local market that uses only sea salt and pepper on it. I try to find a very light one, so that it won't be dry. The amount of mayonnaise needed varies, according to the size of the chicken. I like to serve it on a soft whole wheat bread or on soft egg bread, with the crusts removed and the sandwich cut into triangles. The herbs must be fresh, not dried. If you don't like cilantro, use fresh dill.
- 1 rotisserie chicken, store-bought, skinned & boned
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 6 scallions, green part only, sliced
- 2 gala apples or 2 fuji apples, small, peeled and diced very fine
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery salt (to taste)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken meat in food processor and pulse until it becomes very small pieces - remove to large bowl.
- Add scallions, apples, cilantro, parsley, celery salt and pepper to chicken.
- Mix in mayonnaise and prepare sandwiches, or serve individually by placing a scoop on a butter lettuce leaf.