Recipe by Carla Dee
This is an adaptation of several chicken salad recipes in an attempt to make chicken salad similar to Cush's Grocery in Shreveport, LA.
Top Review by *Parsley*
Very tasty. I used leftover roasted chicken for this. I made this as written and enjoyed the slight tang from the lemon juice, dijon and sugar. It is a good constancy for sandwiches or a bed of lettuce. Delicious. Thanx for sharing.
- 2 1⁄2 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, chopped and toasted
- 1⁄2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice