Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is an adaptation of several chicken salad recipes in an attempt to make chicken salad similar to Cush's Grocery in Shreveport, LA.
- 2 1⁄2 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, chopped and toasted
- 1⁄2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- In a bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, sugar, salt, pepper, and lemon juice until smooth.
- Add the chicken, pecans, celery, and onion and stir to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
Very tasty. I used leftover roasted chicken for this. I made this as written and enjoyed the slight tang from the lemon juice, dijon and sugar. It is a good constancy for sandwiches or a bed of lettuce. Delicious. Thanx for sharing.
Definitely one step up from my old recipe. Only thing I tweaked was replacing onions with chives as I am not a huge fan of raw onion and omitted pecans cause I don't like nuts in my food. This one's a keeper!