Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a recipe that was on a post card that I sent out to my clients. It is very good.
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken breasts
- 1 cup thinly slice celery
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup green seedless grape, halved lengthwise
- 1⁄2 cup red seedless grapes, halved lenthwise
- 2 ounces sliced almonds, toasted
- bibb lettuce
- Combine chicken, celery, lemon juice and onion and chill at least one hour.
- Combine mayonnaise, salt and pepper.
- Add mayonnaise mixture, grapes and almonds to chilled chicken mixture; toss gently.
- Serve chicken salad in bibb lettuce cups.
Loved this salad! I left out the onion so used a bit more celery, and used only red grapes as that's what I had on hand. I loved the addition of the grapes and almonds. Served as suggested in lettuce cups, this was a great light meal - thanks for sharing the recipe!
Here's a great tasting chicken salad, & I enjoyed the inclusion of lemon juice & grapes! I did, however, serve it in a tortilla wrap! Very, very nice, & worth keeping! [Tagged, made & reviewed for a teammate in AUS/NZ Recipe Swap #14, Mar 08]