Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a recipe I received from a friend's mom and I tweaked it just a little. A very simple recipe for parties, goes great on croissants. I made mine with plain white bread cut into Christmas tree shapes. The spices can be altered to suit your own tastes.
- 3 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- dill weed
- salt and pepper
- Add broth, wine, bay leaves, a couple dashes of salt & pepper and enough water to cover the chicken into a deep pot.
- Bring to a boil, add chicken (add more water if needed to cover the meat).
- Turn down heat to a slow boil.
- Cook for 20 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Remove chicken and let cool.
- Shred meat by hand for chunky salad or place chicken into a food processor if you wish for a very shredded consistancy.
- Combine mayo, onion, celery in bowl
- Mix in chicken, add more mayo if you so desire.
- Taste and add spices to your liking.
- Chill and enjoy!
Good! After reading Paula's review, I just added enough mayo to keep it moist, but followed the recipe other than that. Simple, moist, and tasty. Thanks GinGin for sharing. Made for PAC Spring 2009.
This was made last night and enjoyed today at lunch. The amount of mayo was greatly reduced. Just enough mayo was used to moisten the ingredients. Served on a bed of lettuce leaves with flat bread. Made for *PAC Spring 2008*