Recipe by GinGin :-)
This is a recipe I received from a friend's mom and I tweaked it just a little. A very simple recipe for parties, goes great on croissants. I made mine with plain white bread cut into Christmas tree shapes. The spices can be altered to suit your own tastes.
Top Review by lazyme
Good! After reading Paula's review, I just added enough mayo to keep it moist, but followed the recipe other than that. Simple, moist, and tasty. Thanks GinGin for sharing. Made for PAC Spring 2009.
- 3 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- dill weed
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Add broth, wine, bay leaves, a couple dashes of salt & pepper and enough water to cover the chicken into a deep pot.
- Bring to a boil, add chicken (add more water if needed to cover the meat).
- Turn down heat to a slow boil.
- Cook for 20 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Remove chicken and let cool.
- Shred meat by hand for chunky salad or place chicken into a food processor if you wish for a very shredded consistancy.
- Combine mayo, onion, celery in bowl
- Mix in chicken, add more mayo if you so desire.
- Taste and add spices to your liking.
- Chill and enjoy!