1/2 Photos of Chicken Salad
GinGin :-)'s Note:
This is a recipe I received from a friend's mom and I tweaked it just a little. A very simple recipe for parties, goes great on croissants. I made mine with plain white bread cut into Christmas tree shapes. The spices can be altered to suit your own tastes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Add broth, wine, bay leaves, a couple dashes of salt & pepper and enough water to cover the chicken into a deep pot.
- 2Bring to a boil, add chicken (add more water if needed to cover the meat).
- 3Turn down heat to a slow boil.
- 4Cook for 20 minutes or until no longer pink.
- 5Remove chicken and let cool.
- 6Shred meat by hand for chunky salad or place chicken into a food processor if you wish for a very shredded consistancy.
- 7Combine mayo, onion, celery in bowl
- 8Mix in chicken, add more mayo if you so desire.
- 9Taste and add spices to your liking.
- 10Chill and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Salad
Serving Size: 1 (271 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 521.7
- Calories from Fat 281
- Total Fat 31.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 74.2 mg
- Sodium 1093.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 24.0 g