Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I got this recipe from my neighbor Jenny O'Rear. This is very tasty and healthy.
- 1 head cabbage, shredded
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 9.85 ml sesame seeds
- 118.29 ml almonds, slivered
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
- 85.04 g ramen noodles (I use teriyaki chicken or oriental, crunch in pkg without opening)
Dressing (seasoning pkt from noodles)
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml oil
- 44.37 ml rice vinegar
- 1.23 ml pepper
- Brown sesame seeds & almonds in skillet over low heat.
- Put all salad ingredients together, except for seeds and almonds.
- Mix up dressing ingredients.
- Add dressing and seed mixture to salad ingredients.
- Put in ramen noodles just before serving.
Very nice tasting salad, this was! I followed the recipe right on down, but did cut it in half & we had 2 good-size servings from that! Loved the given dressing & would happily make it again! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
What a tasty dish! My whole family enjoyed this recipe. I did make a few modifications as followed:
* replaced the sesame seeds & almonds with untoasted sunflower seeds (both my daughters have certain food allergies).
* added julienned carrots
* added Sriracha sauce to the dressing
The hot sauce added a little spicy kick to the sweet salad. Give it a try! I am def going to experiment next time with adding more colorful vegetables & maybe marinating the chicken. All in all, we love this meal & will be making it over & over again. Thank you for sharing!
This was really a pleasure, it has crunchy goodness in each bite. I just got home from a long road trip of stressful heavy winter driving and I skipped toasting the seeds and nuts. Everything else was "By the book" and it was marvelous. I really wanted something lighter and a lot more healthy than the usual roadside stop in for dinner and this fit the bill to perfection. Quick and easy to make with lovely flavor blends. :D