Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I know the Tabasco sounds weird but it is not in here for heat. It gives the salad a very yummy flavor that I love. I hope you like this as much as my friends and family do.
- 2 cups cooked chicken, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 4 -5 drops Tabasco sauce
- salt, to taste (I use sea salt in a grinder)
- pepper, to taste (sometimes I use lemon pepper)
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl, with fork, until well blended.
- Serve well chilled.
This chicken salad had crunch, color, and nice flavor! The Tabasco added a hint of spicy, but it wasn't overpowering at all. The texture of the chicken salad was nice too. Thank you for sharing the recipe! Discovered during Spring 2011 Pick A Chef. :-)