Recipe by ~*Miss Diggy*~
This is a recipe that one of my husbands Aunts shared with me, and it is her mothers recipe. It is a really good chicken salad, a little unusual, but wow! The eating is good. Thanks to May Groesbeck, and her daughter-in-law Genevieve, for this recipe! Recipe easily cut down to feed less people. Great for showers and parties.
Top Review by muffinlady
If I could I would have given this recipe 10 stars!!! The sauce is amazing. This will definatly be a main stay at my house. I only made a little bit so I only used pineapple instead of also mandarin oranges as I did not want to use part of 2 cans. It would be better if I also used mandarin oranges but was still awsome. I used real mayo instead of Miracle Whip, Spicy Brown Mustard and Sour cream and instead of Iceburg lettuce I used Romaine. I am amazed that I am the first to rate this recipe when it is sooo gooood
- 8 cups chicken, cubed and cooked
- 1 cup olive, sliced
- 2 (20 ounce) cans pineapple chunks, drained well
- 2 (11 ounce) cans mandarin oranges, drained well
- 3 cups Miracle Whip
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 4 cups celery, diced
- 2 cups slivered almonds
- 2 heads lettuce, shredded
- 1 cup half-and-half cream or 1 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine lettuce, pineapple, mandarin oranges and olives together.
- Mix miracle whip and mustard together in another bowl, adding salt and sugar for taste.
- Fold in half-n-half, or sour cream, and then toss with the rest of ingredients.
- Serve immediately, you can make ahead of time and right before serving add salad dressing to other ingredients.