Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great for lunch and a perfect way to use up leftover cooked chicken or turkey.
Make and share this Chicken Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped cooked chicken or 1 1⁄2 cups cooked turkey
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons minced onions (not dried)
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise or 1⁄4 cup Miracle Whip
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt or 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- toast or sandwich buns or lettuce or cracker, serving accompaniments (optional)
- Combine ingredients and chill before serving.
- Serve on toast, sandwich rolls, on lettuce, or with crackers.
Really a good chicken salad. 1st time made as recipe but then I had another chicken salad at a tea room, very close to this except had curry powder and grapes in it. So made this 2nd time without the pickle relish and eggs but added halved red grapes and some curry powder. It was so good that way also. My daughter said she had a curry chicken salad and it had cashews in it for crunch, going to add those next time I make this. It is good to have around for just a light snack in the afternoon with crackers even.
This is definately going to be my staple recipe for chicken salad!! My kids loved this!!! I think next time I will try adding a chopped apple or some grapes. Thanks for a great recipe!!
This was great. I added poppy seeds because I tried a chicken salad a long time ago that had them added. My daughter also loved it.