1/2 Photos of Chicken, Saffron Risotto (Low Fat)
There is very little fat in this risotto because I have subbed stock for olive oil for sautéing. For health reasons DH cannot have oil or fat in his diet but this works really well without any.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sauté leek in pan with the extra stock, enough to cover bottom of pan. Cook until soft or even light brown, adding more stock if necessary.
- 2Add saffron and rice and stir until moistened.
- 3Bring chicken stock to the boil, then reduce heat to simmer.
- 4Add 1 cup of stock to the rice and stir until stock has been taken up; continue adding stock, a cup at a time and stirring in until taken up by the rice.
- 5Add peas, chicken* and lemon juice, zest and stir into risotto; cook 2 minutes more.
- 6Serve with parmesan cheese on the side - optional.
- 7*I partially cooked the chicken breast, cut into strips, in a little seasoned stock, then cut into reasonably large bite sized pieces and added to risotto.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken, Saffron Risotto (Low Fat)
Serving Size: 1 (467 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 492.2
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 56.1 mg
- Sodium 478.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 28.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of