There is very little fat in this risotto because I have subbed stock for olive oil for sautéing. For health reasons DH cannot have oil or fat in his diet but this works really well without any.
- Sauté leek in pan with the extra stock, enough to cover bottom of pan. Cook until soft or even light brown, adding more stock if necessary.
- Add saffron and rice and stir until moistened.
- Bring chicken stock to the boil, then reduce heat to simmer.
- Add 1 cup of stock to the rice and stir until stock has been taken up; continue adding stock, a cup at a time and stirring in until taken up by the rice.
- Add peas, chicken* and lemon juice, zest and stir into risotto; cook 2 minutes more.
- Serve with parmesan cheese on the side - optional.
- *I partially cooked the chicken breast, cut into strips, in a little seasoned stock, then cut into reasonably large bite sized pieces and added to risotto.